I made my first podcast! In this first episode I give some quick tips and tricks on avoiding acne and random acne breakouts.
To listen to this podcast click this.
Quick tips for avoiding acne / breakouts:
- See a licensed professional at least once a month
- Don’t touch your face! Our hands are sooo filthy from our own phone screens, door knobs, gas pumps and everything else we touch on a daily basis.
- Don’t pick your pimples. We all do it, even I do it sometimes. But please, leave this up to the professionals. You can very easily damage your skin and cause scarring, hyper-pigmentation, and irritation.
- Wash your pillows!! Our pillows are little breeding grounds for pimple causing stuff. Wash your pillow case every other day if you can, or at least once a week if you’re like me and have a life other than laundry.
- Be mindful of what you put on your face / body. Look at the ingredients. If you have to question what something is or can’t even pronounce it, do you really want to be using it??
- Don’t over scrub. There’s all kinds of drug store cleansers that have the scrub built in to them. Do not use this! Scrubbing your face every day will cause an overproduction of oils and damage to your skin. Don’t scrub too hard either! The scrubs are already there to work, you don’t need to smash them into your face. You should be using a scrub only 1-2x per week.
- Don’t stress. Stress causes breakouts and a slew of other problems. No one likes that, and you shouldn’t have to put up with that either. Eliminate whatever is stressing you out in life and watch yourself glow only from the outside, but the inside too.
- Pollution in the environment is something we have to work really hard at controlling. As of now, there’s not much you can do to protect against pollution. Moisturizer for sure, but still, it’s there.
These are some of the main takeaways, but there are many more ways! Your home care regimen can greatly lessen your chances of having breakouts! See a licensed esthetician at least once a month or as recommended by your esthetician, these appointments will change your skin’s life forever. I promise.