The other day I was looking up the different benefits of food on the skin. I love food masks, they’re easy, no irritation (unless you’re allergic) and totally fine if it gets in your mouth lol. I like super easy ingredients and instructions so this mask only calls for 3 ingredients. I also wanted something that was going to make my skin feel super soft and healthy. After a while, your face will look sallow or yellow because the skin cells are dead and just sitting there on your skin. This is where a nice scrub comes in to play to slough off the dead skin. After doing that you’ll want to give your skin the moisture and fatty acids it needs to rehydrate, balance and make your skin suuuper soft.
Before applying this mask, cleanse your face. Use a scrub if you want too (as long as you didn’t scrub in the last three days- you’ll ruin your skin’s natural oils and balance) and then apply the mask.
All you need for this mask is:
Mix these together until it forms a paste. The best part of this mask is that you can use it on your face, body and hair!! Just make everything super soft while you’re at it. (Ladies, I use the everything scrub on my butt and use this mask afterwards for a glowing, healthy, soft booty😝)
- High in fatty acids to moisturize skin
- Antioxidants to fight free radicals and reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Great for dry or frizzy hair
- Treats dehydrated skin
- Lowers cholesterol
- Improves digestion
- Lactic acid helps to dissolve dead skin cells
- Probiotics help aid in digestion
- Creates natural glow & prevent breakouts
- Reduce discoloration in skin
- Calms skin after excessive sun exposure
- Contains natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Rich in lipids to help retain moisture
- Contains saponins which remove dirt from pores
- Acts as natural cleanser
- Anti-inflammatory & antioxidants
- Soaks up excess oil
- Proteins maintain skin’s acid mantle barrier
So with all those benefits you can see why I LOVE food masks!! This one was super easy too, smelled like yogurt and could be applied everywhere. Easy and multi use is what I live for.
If you use this mask, let me know what you think below! Let me know what it did for your skin✨